Friday, August 12, 2011

Saturday's Practice on August 13 at Towpath in Brecksville

First, I'm sorry for the confusion on this. This was left open-ended for either Saturday or Monday. It was hinted to me by a few that Saturday just worked better for rides, etc...

Second, we had an EXCELLENT first week with a great time trial today, so I'm hoping we can finish it off with a good long run on Saturday.
See the results of the time trial and how FAVORABLY we compare to last year already. A wise person will be able to disect just how well today went.

So...

Practice Saturday at Station Road Bridge Parking lot which is part of the Brecksville Reservation where it meets the Cuyhaga Valley National Park.
Here is a link to the map: click here

From SJA/Westside: I-480 or I-90 east to I-77 south. Exit Rt 82 EAST (west does have a separate exit). Follow Rt 82 east PAST Rt 21 by about 2 miles. Turn right on Riverview down the hill. Turn left at the bottom of the hill into the park's driveway. You'll cross train tracks and be at the parking lot. We did go to this location once last year. Even though its only Brecksville this is still a full 25-30 min drive, but the terrain is worth it once in a while.

Parents are welcome to come run, bike, or otherwise workout. Also feel free to bring bagels, fruit, etc...

This is a "long run" day. I'm hoping the athletes will go for their longest run of the year with the longest group doing 10.

I will be running with friends hoping to finish right at 9am. I might be a few min late depending upon my pace (or lack thereof). The shortest group will be done by 10:30-10:40, the longest group done by 11:00am.

If you cannot attend you should run the long run ON YOUR OWN!!!

No comments: